Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Resolution



"Pretty is as pretty does", was a saying that went around when I was a child. Well, thankful is as thankful does, too. Every year we all take off work, eat turkey, and tell everyone around us to have a happy thanksgiving. Saying you are thankful is simple and important, but  this year I'm starting a new tradition.

I've decided to take action with my gratitude. So many people have been treasures from heaven to me! I'm sending out letters of sincere appreciation to people who have blessed me. I've sent one already, and am plotting the second. I call myself a writer, after all, and a letter is one of the most basic forms of communication one can compose. It's the one thing you can write, that you can be pretty sure will be read!

I made a list some time ago of people who've made a significant impact on my life. Some I've met, some I've just read about. Some will be hard to track down, as I've lost track of their whereabouts.  But, there's no time like the present. As a matter of fact, there's no time but the present, and I intend to get far on my list.

Let me start by thanking you, my reader. I value the time you took to browse through my collection of thoughts, and I'd love to hear from you.

Who are you thankful for? and why? People are our most valuable resource. Let's tell them so.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments: