It's no wonder then, that when I come into our bedroom at night, the shows he'll most likely be watching are Cops, or Pawn Stars, or some reality show about Repos. He's seen enough Martha Stewart tutorials, Jane Austen movies, and Bridezilla episodes to last a lifetime. More than any man should be expected to endure. And given the fact that his bathroom is usually filled with warm curling irons, pink razors, and more perfume than is respiratorily healthy, I think he's a good sport. It helps that he actually LIKES women.
So that is why, the last time we went to the movies, I picked the Fast Five because I knew he would like it. I didn't think I would, but it surprised me.
You can learn a lot about men from a guy flick. This one taught me the following facts. I enumerate in masculine 'bullet' form:
- Men like cars
- Men like fast cars
- Men like to drive fast cars
- Men even admire a woman who can drive fast cars
- Men like to watch cars crash
- Men like a good fight now and then
- Men don't mind getting beat up, if they can do it for a good cause
- Men like to see the bad guy die in the end
I learned a lot. I'm not sure it offset all the girly stuff he lives with, but I'm sure it helped!