Monday, February 11, 2013

Cybermentor Mom: Enjoy Every Moment Part 3

Yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come, but we have this moment today. So goes a song I used to sing in the eighties. Yes, yesterday is certainly gone. I will never have to change another diaper (except as a Grandma!) and there will be no more tooth fairy visits, or birthday pinatas. Those days are over for me.

I remember thinking at the time, as I listened to far wiser women, I must enjoy them while they're young-they grow up so quickly! It's hard to imagine that when you're in the busy years of child rearing. But it's so true!

At the risk of being cliche, I must say that you blink your eyes and they're grown!

So give yourself, your memory, and your children a gift. Purpose to live in the moment and enjoy your young children in the magical moments of childhood. (There will be dark magic times too!) Then, when you look back later, you can remember that you did indeed live every moment to the fullest, for it is certain that you cannot get those days back.




No comments: