Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dread or Rest?

What do you do when you suspect there's tough going ahead? As the day dawns, you already see trouble, not opportunity. You have some things coming up, and you're just not sure how you're going to handle it all? Your resources are limited, and as far as you can see, you're in over your head?

Dreading it is one option. That uses emotional energy that you'll need for the upcoming difficulty. I've certainly done my share of that!

Ignoring it is another choice. You know, the ulcer and stomach trouble technique. I have friends who do that. 

The only really positive thing I know to do is look back on how God has helped me in the past and thank Him ahead of time for what He has planned. He is God, after all, whether the week is good or bad. It's all in the plan.

And who knows what miracles or surprises He has up His sleeve that I haven't even thought of?

"Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28 KJV

This is what he said to some other people a long time ago who might have been looking forward to some rough stuff ahead. It's still relevant.

Cheers to the coming week.  Bring it on!


No comments: