Monday, September 3, 2012

September Stirrings

Image from http://www.uvm.edu
It's officially fall when I buy the first can of pureed pumpkin, and start to look at the harvest section in Big Lots. Mind you, I haven't done anything but prepare my mind. It takes a while for me to get ready for fall because I hate letting go of summer.

As I write this, in the background, "Frosty the Snowman" is playing on DVD. My daughter has no qualms about embracing fall and winter. Well, Christmas, mostly. Her Christmas "birthday" tree is awaiting it's planting in permanent ground.

But as for me, 'the hotter the better', 'the more sun, the more fun'. But, at some point, I give in.

Today, the last holiday that most people spend outdoors exclusively, I will be relishing every minute.

Let the leaves start to think about falling. Everything in good time.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

"Everything in good time."

- a good reminder! :-)