Sunday, July 25, 2010

Birthday

My 52nd birthday has just passed, and I'm still basking in the glow!


My husband went over the top this year to the point where I actually wondered if I was some kind of celebrity or something. It got me thinking about how celebrities must feel. In a word, unworthy of all the fuss.  while I've always dreamed of being famous and desired by the masses, I got a tiny innoculating dose yesterday when they totally spoiled me.

The feeling was wonderful but with an underlying tow of anxiety. Why anxiety? Well, all that joy is just too heavy to hold sometimes. It can put you in a sort of shock similar to a shockingly bad experience. You pinch yourself in disbelief in both instances. Mediocrity is a comfortable old friend, after all.

So mediocrity and I are back to walking hand in hand, except for the fact that we haven't had my birthday dinner yet, and are going to lunch with the family. I suppose I could get used to all the fuss. See you after lunch!

The Totally Birthdayed

No comments: