Saturday, July 9, 2011

Weighing In; Cutting down

Three of us in my household are weighing in regularly. (That I know of)

Some of us weigh ourselves more than once a day.

It's a regular topic in our house, and that's because we're working hard on it and are having some modest success. When you're afraid of what the scale says, you generally avoid it. Which is what I'd done for the last year or so. But, "the time has come, the walrus said..."

Of course, my husband loses faster than I do. Men do. They can think about not eating and drop a pound, whereas, we women just look at pictures of food in a magazine and we can't fit in our favorite jeans.

Consequently, when we do actually eat, we want it to count.

So we're avoiding bad stuff, like desserts, and sausage. Guess what? We're surviving without them just fine. Who knew?

What are you trying to cut out of your life?

No comments: