Wednesday, September 12, 2012

One Little Change

Sometimes change is dramatic. Like in the Scrooge story where one grumpy old miser sees what his life could be if he continues being an old grumpy miser, and changes overnight to a kind and generous man. Or in the case of an overnight snow, which transforms a brown landscape into a white wonderland.

But often, change is small and gradual. Like the three pounds you lose after literally starving yourself for a month or two. And the half an inch your hair grows, while your fingernails could have become footlongs if you hadn't cut them.

It's the watched pot that never boils, they say. That's why I was surprised to find one simple thing that changed the way I think about everything. Well, almost everything.

There's a new book I've been reading. I review books for free, that is, I get paid in books, and there's no price on that! I just can't wait to tell you about the change in my thinking that this book prompted.

So check back in a few days, because I'm not finished reading it yet, but I'm devouring it in big gulps and I can't wait to tell you about it!

Have you read a book that changed you? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments: