Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Mount Of Olives Prayer Answered: Day 17 of the Count Your Blessings Challenge Part 1



This next blessing will take three posts, because it affects and outshines, with the exception of my children, (getting ahead of myself!) every other blessing I have received in my life so far.

I told you yesterday that I stood on the Mount of Olives and prayed that the Lord's will would be done in my life. What I didn't tell you was that I believed I was telling Him if He wanted me single, I was willing. I had had several unfortunate relationships and the current heartbreak was just ending. I was an aging 22! I had gone to Bible College with a hidden agenda (well maybe not so hidden) of finding a husband.

I was graduating soon, and there was no one in sight!

 I actually stayed on another year longer even though I had finished enough courses to graduate (hence the $1500 of unnecessary debt) in case God's timing was off with mine. Maybe He had Mr. Right coming to the school and *gasp* I'd be gone?!

Turns out, Mr. Right was only 17 when I was on the Mount of Olives, and it was a little too soon to meet him.

My school was close to the east coast, and home was on the west coast. I loved California, but I wasn't ready to come home after graduation. It would have felt like defeat. So, I joined the college's traveling singing group for the last possible summer (I had been on it several times before) and toured the East Coast and the Midwest.

When we arrived in Holland, Michigan, we had a stop in Hope College. We met up with some other singers from another college, and performed with them, as we had been practicing some of the same songs.They were delightful people, and their student leader was an inspiring, bright young man.

I know what you're thinking...Mr. Right was in that group, right? Tune in tomorrow for part 2!






No comments: