Monday, June 27, 2011

Bundle 2 of 4: Day 21 of the Count Your Blessings Challenge

After the euphoria of baby number one settled into a pleasant lull, I lost two pregnancies due to miscarriage.

I remember thinking of the prayer on the Mount of Olives (one of many times) and had to reiterate to God and myself that I might have to be okay with just one child. He had other plans, however, and soon bundle 2 arrived, breech and thankfully just under 6 pounds. I held her, tears streaming down and felt as if I had died and gone to heaven, I was so happy!

Another daughter was just what I secretly wanted, even though I thought it might be a boy. Hubby got a job with FeEx two weeks after she was born, and things settled into a routine.

Bundle 2 is and always will be a bit of a mystery. Part poet and part scholar, she is always thinking, but you're never quite sure about what. She is an excellent intuitive cook and acted in theater all four years in high school. She also took French, which I suspect was to appear even more mysterious to unsuspecting family and friends.

We share a love of books, writing and learning, and I'm busting my buttons that she'll be attending Denver State next year. I'm also a bit jealous. More blessings.




No comments: