Friday, July 1, 2011

Go West, Young Man!: Day 25 of the Count Your Blessings Challenge

The significant blessing after the birth of our children centered around our moving to California.

All our children were born in Michigan, and when the youngest was four, we moved to the central valley of California. In fact, we drove our big red van all the way from Michigan to California on the 150th anniversary of the gold rush! We deliberately took the path through Truckee and Donner pass so it would feel more authentic.For me it was like coming home, and for my husband and children, it was a new adventure. The move alone was accompanied by many blessings, including finding the right house, and the sale of our old one.

Finding Hickman Charter School  remains one of our finest blessings. In anticipation of the move we'd entered a lottery for entrance into the Hickman Charter School district (sight unseen) and were notified we'd been accepted before we even moved. Little did I know the magnitude of the support system and friendships we'd find there! All of us hold up our experience at Hickman as a standard for professional and personal behavior. Few places have equaled it's excellence.

I cannot imagine the positive influence on my children's development that would have been lost without our dear educators at HCS. I could write a separate post about each of them!

Squeezing a lifetime of blessings into a 30 day post is challenging.

I dare you to try it. I'd love to hear about your blessings!

No comments: