Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bundle Number 1 of 4: Day 20 of the Count Your Blessings Challenge

The next of the blessings came weighing just over 7 pounds.

Our firstborn daughter was and is a true bundle of joy. Since early childhood, it has been her personal goal to bring cheer and goodness to others.

She began designing at three. She cut intricate shapes out of newspaper and hung them all over the house. She called them 'prefalips', a word she made up which means beautiful, decorative things that you make yourself, as far as I know.

Today she is a designer, marketer, and volunteers at church in the children's and women's department thinking up and implementing fun and creative things to do.
Here's a sample of her work!

I was ecstatic to be a mother. Little did I know that you must learn as you go along!  My precious firstborn has taken the brunt of my 'education' and borne it well. My life would be devoid of much of its cheer without her sunny personality.

No comments: